As communicated by the Town of Oakville, beginning September 22, all individuals aged 12 years of age or older must provide proof of identification and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (or medical exemption) before entering any arena.
In addition to the Town’s mandate, our governing body (The Ontario Minor Hockey Association) has also adopted a similar policy by requiring individuals between 12 and 17 years participating in sport to show proof of vaccination – regardless of the purpose for attending.
Both the OMHA and the Town of Oakville have adopted vaccination policies which exceeds the province’s proof of vaccination regulations
As such, we are required to follow these policies and incorporate them into our operations. These mandates align with the recent poll of Oakville Rangers families, who responded 70% in favour of full vaccination requirements for those 12 years and older.
What this means for the Oakville Rangers:
- As of Wednesday, September 22, 2021,all individuals aged 12 years or older must provide identification and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination(or medical exemption) to enter any Town facility for any purpose. This includes spectators, players, bench staff, and officials
- Proof of vaccination will be required at entry to all Town facilities (A screener will be waiting to greet you at the facility entrance), along with photo identification, such as a driver’s license or health card with your full name and date of birth
- This policy also applies to all players, bench staff and spectators from visiting teams
- Under the OMHA Vaccination policy, all participants 12 years of age and up must be fully vaccinated by October 30, 2021. Registered Oakville Ranger players or participants who are partially vaccinated or in the process of getting vaccinated will not be permitted to enter any Town arena or facility as per the Town of Oakville vaccination policy.
- As it currently stands (but subject to change), Players who turn 12 during the season will not be required to become fully vaccinated to complete the hockey season.They will however be required to be fully vaccinated in time for the start of the 2022-2023 season.
Any Accommodation requests must be made through the OMHA. To begin the accommodation (Medical/Human Rights) request process, please complete the application by visiting the following link:Link to Accommodation Request.
The Oakville Rangers Hockey Club must follow the OMHA and Town’s direction if we want to proceed with hockey this Fall. The following vaccination policy will be implemented beginning September 22.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy for ORHC Participants
As per the direction of our hockey governing bodies (the Ontario Hockey Federation and the Ontario Minor Hockey Association), as well as the Town of Oakville, all ORHC Directors and Staff, team officials, spectators, timekeepers, on-ice officials, instructors, in-arena employees of the ORHC and players who were born in or before 2009, are required to be fully vaccinated unless the individual has a valid medical reason or has an approved exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code. At present, players born in or after 2010 are not eligible to be vaccinated and are therefore exempt from this policy.
As per the Ontario Ministry of Health, an individual is defined as fully immunized ≥14 days after receiving their second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or their first dose of a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine series as approved by Health Canada.
More information on how the ORHC will be tracking and enforcing the vaccination policies to follow soon.
Any player who is currently registered for the 2021-2022 hockey season but is not willing to comply with OMHA, Town of Oakville and Oakville Ranger Hockey Club vaccination policy will have untilFRIDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2021, to withdraw without the $75 administration fee. Please include “Covid-19 Vaccination Policy” in the reason for refund section. Request for Registration Refund Form
We are looking forward to getting back on the ice. Our registration for this season continues until October 3. Many divisions are approaching capacity – we encourage you to register today if you have not done so.
Thank you for your continued support throughout this process. Hockey is back!