The Oakville Rangers are excited to announce the launch of our new Oakville Rangers Goalie Development Program!! We recognize the needs to help both our goalies and our coaches to develop and retain players at this highly specialized position. Accordingly, over the coming months leading up to next season, we will be rolling out a series of new tools and resources with a stated goal to "Make Goalies Great Again" and create a Best in Class model for goalie development in minor hockey in Ontario.
In time for the 2023/24 season, goaltenders registered with the club ( at all ages and levels) will have access to the following and more!
- A new website with links to hundreds of training videos for both coaches and goalies at all levels and ages
- An online forum to exchange ideas, buy and sell gear, and even look for replacement goalies where teams are left short for a game or practice
- Contact details for our various partners who can provide shooter pad training, goalie instructors to attend team practices and off-season camps
- Clinics established for goalie coaches to attain Level 1 and Level 2 Hockey Canada certification
- Resources for coaches to use for goalie training at practices and for goalie evaluation at tryouts and evaluations
- Resources for coaches and goalies to use for mental training, off-ice conditioning, and diet considerations
In the coming weeks watch out for more details and sponsors as we continue to build the program in time for next season! And we are of course always open to feedback - we want to hear from you! Let us know what you think, give us your opinion, tell us what YOU need to succeed. Goalies, players, parents and coaches are all invited and encouraged to participate in the following survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ORHCGoalieDevelopmentProgram
Want to help out and get involved? Great!! If you are interested in working with us to "Make Goalies Great Again" please contact Tom Wills at [email protected].
InGoal Magazine is the leading online resource for goalies, coaches, parents and fans. With over 650 articles and 750 videos providing deep insight into how the Pros gain their edge and more added all the time, InGoal is the online magazine for goaltenders, coaches, parents and fans of the greatest position in the game!
Sense Arena is a cognitive training platform for athletes to gain a competitive edge. Using VR training, they enhance an athlete’s reaction time, decision making, and multitasking abilities. Sense Arena is the leader in goaltender cognitive training, providing virtual reality tools to train anywhere, anytime!