Thank you for being part of the Kick Off Meeting! We are excited and inspired. Please make sure you pick up your teams blue bags, so your teams can begin collecting food items. Bags are available at the ORHC Office (Sixteen Mile Arena, on the lower level across from Rink One) until October 6th, 2023, and the office is open Tuesdays through Fridays from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
If you were not able to attend the Kick Off Meeting, the Zoom call was recorded and is available here:
If you have any questions please contact Heidi Avery at [email protected]
The Gift of Giving Back Food Drive is all about Kids Feeding Kids. Many in our community are struggling with making ends meet - and the kids growing up in these families are suffering from many societal issues, including poverty, hunger, lack of housing, and illness. These issues affect all of us. So, we want to involve all of our Oakville Ranger families in participating in this amazing food drive.
Here is a list of important food items that your teams can collect.
- Tomato Products (pasta sauce, crushed tomato, diced tomato, tomato paste)
- Canned Fruit (peaches, pineapple, fruit cocktail, pear)
- Canned Chili
- Pasta (regular and gluten-free)
- Canned Fish/Meat (turkey, chicken, luncheon meat, corned beef, salmon, sardines)
- Cooking Oil (plastic bottle)
- Canned Vegetables (corn, mushrooms, peas)
In addition of food items, you can also contribute financial donations that will go towards your total team weight. Here are some simple fundraising ideas, and you can also click here to refer to the Fundraising Ideas document for a full list of other ideas.
- Tip Tap Donation Machines
- Grocery Store Visits
- Bottle Drives, Raffles, Bingo Nights
- Car Washes, Shovelling Driveways/Raking Leaves
- Donation Collection at Home Games
The Gift of Giving Back was founded on these four principles:
- To encourage compassion in our young people for those in need or in crisis.
- To connect them to the hard-working agencies which support the vulnerable in our communities and also to our larger community institutions.
- To inspire our kids to lift other kids up through their own work and actions.
- To motivate them and their families to embrace community traditions of volunteerism.
We need your help to ensure the Gift of Giving Back is a success and to inspire our kids to give back within our community.
FOOD DROP OFF: Dec 5th, 6th, and 7th
St. Thomas Aquinas School
124 Dorval Dr, Oakville, ON L6K 2W1
- Blue Bag Pick up - September 25th to October 6th
- Food Collection and Fundraising - September 25th to December 4th
- Team Food Drop off Sign up - week of November 13th
- Volunteer Sign up - week of November 13th
- Food Drop off Nights - December 5th, 6th and 7th at STA
Last year we collected 122,000 pounds of food for our deserving partner charities.
This year we are hoping to do more and exceed 130,000 pounds.
We need all of our Ranger families to join the challenge and start collecting!
Check with your coaches and team managers for all the details and collection bags.