Registration for the 2023 Spring Tryouts will be opening soon!
All Tryouts for U10 and older have been returned to the Spring and will begin in late April
Need help navigating the Tryout Portal? Click here to download the User Guide.
Questions? Click here to access the ORHC Tryout FAQs
Greetings 2015, 2016 and 2017 Players and Parents,
Following the OHF/OMHA announcement eliminating “Rep” Hockey at the U8 and U9 Divisions, we know there have been many questions and concerns regarding next year's hockey programming. We are thrilled to announce that there will be Tiered Teams this season in the U8 and U9 Divisions that will compete in a formal, competitive league made up of Burlington, Milton and Oakville (more associations may be added).
In addition, these teams will have the opportunity to compete in 3 scheduled Jamborees and a number of exhibition games against Alliance, MHL, and GTHL teams. Here are the highlights:
- Teams will be tiered based on both ability and interest. Those that want a more competitive, advanced, intensive program will have that option. Those that want a game and a practice a week will have that option, too.
- A tiered league made up of teams from Burlington, Milton, and Oakville with up to 40 games.
- Exhibition games vs. Alliance, MHL, and GTHL teams.
- Up to 3 Jamboree weekends.
- Enhanced development opportunities with professional, experienced hockey instructors.
- OMHA, OHF, and Hockey Canada certified league vs. the challenges of private outlaw options.
The final details, costs, and registration timing for the U8 and U9 Division Programming will be released shortly. Quite simply, there will be no better U8 and U9 programming available anywhere and there will be something for everyone from Advanced to Recreational!
In advance of the Spring Tryouts, the ORHC will be offering a series of Prep Skates. These optional skates will give players an opportunity to hit the ice and have some fun while they get one more dev session in before diving into their Tryout! Participation is optional and there will be NO EVALUATIONS conducted during these sessions. Each session will be 1-hour long, at a cost of $25, and will be run by professional instructors. Schedule, Registration, and Additional information will be available soon.